Employment Law for the Employer
In today's world every employer faces an increasingly difficult and ever changing environment where compliance with employment related laws and regulations is a daily challenge. State and federal regulations are comprehensive and complex and seemingly small or simple issues can quickly become significant legal and financial risks. All employers should have a readily available and knowledge attorney as a resource to answer questions, guide decisions and review policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the web of state and federal laws and regulations. And when regulators and agencies get involved, employers need to feel confident their policies, procedures and decisions are in compliance with the law and obtain timely and effective advice for providing information and obtaining favorable resolutions of regulatory investigations.
Our attorneys provide compliance assistance and advice in all employment related areas including:
- Discrimination & Harassment
- Reasonable Accommodation of employees with disabilities
- Immigration Law Compliance
- COBRA and COBRA subsidies
- Fair Labor Standards Act/Iowa Wage Payment Collection Law
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Military leaves and policies
- Handbooks and personnel policies
- Confidentiality policies and protection of trade secrets
- Employment Contracts
- Covenants not to compete
- Discipline and discharge decisions
- Separation agreements
- Drug testing
- Worker Adjustment Retraining and Notification Act (WARN )
- Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA)
- And many others...
Our attorneys work to become knowledgeable about our clients' businesses and work closely with the managers and human resources personnel obtain compliance while achieving the client's goals and making the business effective and cost efficient. We work with our clients to provide practical advice and effective solutions to issues as they arise.